General Meetings of the Commission
The General Meeting of the Commission is the highest forum of COMSATS, which is represented by the Heads of State/Government of COMSATS’ twenty-seven member countries. The first General Meeting of the Commission was held in 1994 that led to the establishment of COMSATS itself. Since then two more meetings have been held in Islamabad (April 2012), and Accra (October 2015), respectively.
The General Meeting has the following major functions:
- To elect the new Chairperson of the Commission;
- To approve policies for the long term growth of the Commission; and
- To issue overall policy guidelines for the Consultative Committee as it deems appropriate.
[ Profile of the Chairperson of COMSATS ]
- 3rd General Meeting of the Commission, October 27-28, 2015, Accra, Ghana
- 2nd General Meeting of the Commission, April 16-17, 2012, Islamabad, Pakistan
- 1st General Meeting of the Commission, October 4-5, 1994, Islamabad, Pakistan