Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (KazNU), Kazakhstan
KazNU is the oldest classical university of Kazakhstan and the leading institution in the system of higher education of the country. The University has 15 faculties with 25 Research Institutes; and 30 scientific centres. More than 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students study at the University. KazNU offers 86 Bachelor Specialties, 118 Master Specialties and 70 PhD programmes.
The focused areas of KazNU are Mathematics & Mechanics; Experimental and Theoretical Physics; New Chemical Technologies and Materials; Physio-Chemical Methods of Research and Analysis; Biology and Biotechnology Problems; Ecological Problems, etc.
KazNU constitutes different laboratories, including National Nanotechnology Open Laboratory; and the Laboratory of Engineering Profile. It also consists of a Scientific and Technology Park.
KazNU has expertise in Innovation technologies for food industry; technology of pharmaceutical production; clean energy and sustainable development standards; petrochemical engineering; innovation technology of new materials for industry; and technology of building materials.
KazNU is looking for research collaborations in Oil and Gas Industry, Nanotechnology, Economic & Social Forecasting, & Biotechnology.
Collaboration with other Centres
- COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI): Memorandum of Cooperation between KazNU and CUI was signed during COMSATS’ 21st Coordinating Council meeting. The Memorandum is to provide the basis for the exchange of staff, scholars, students, academic information and materials in the belief that academic and research processes at both educational institutions would be enhanced and that mutual understanding between their respective faculty, scholars, staff and students would be increased by establishing different exchange programs.
- Cooperation with other Centers of Excellence: During COMSATS’ 21st Coordinating Council meeting, KazNU has pledged to collaborate with Embrapa Agrobiologia, Brazil; ICCES, China; NRC, Egypt; ICENS, Jamaica; and TÜBITAK MAM, Turkey, in the fields of mutual interest.
- Al-Farabi Gold Medal for Executive Director COMSATS
- The 21st Meeting of COMSATS Coordinating Council successfully held in Almaty
- 7th International Workshop on ‘Internet Security: Enhancing Information Exchange Safeguards’ successfully held at KazNU, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- 10th ISESCO-COMSATS’ National Workshop held on ‘Repair and Maintenance of Scientific, Engineering Equipment in Universities, Research Institutions and Small Scale Industries’, in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- The Technical Advisory Committee delegation visits Al-Farabi Kazakh National University