NETWORK OF CENTERS OF EXCELLENCE
FUNCTIONS OF THE COORDINATING COUNCIL
The functions of the Coordinating Council as defined in the Charter of the Network are as follows:
- The Coordinating Council shall elect from amongst its Members a Chairperson who shall hold office for three years and who may be re-elected for further terms of three years.
- The Coordinating Council shall take decisions on matters related to the Membership of the Network.
- The Coordinating Council shall be the controlling body that approves the programmes and budget of the Network and the Secretariat.
- The Coordinating Council shall make rules and regulations governing its own procedures.
- The Coordinating Council shall meet at least once a year. [ List of Council Meetings ]
- The Coordinating Council shall generally take its decisions by consensus. The quorum for a meeting shall be half the number of Members of the Network. In case of difficulty in reaching a consensus, the Coordinating Council shall take decisions by a simple majority vote of its Members. In the event of equally divided votes, the Chairperson of the Coordinating Council shall have the casting vote.